Taste of homemade chocolate liqueur is able to compete with the products of leading world manufacturers, for example, with such brands as” Mozart “and”Sheridans”. If you follow the suggested recipe clearly and be patient, you will get an excellent dessert alcoholic drink, which not everyone can distinguish from a store-bought one.
Vodka can be replaced with diluted ethyl alcohol or purified moonshine (distillate) without smell. Use dark chocolate with a cocoa content of at least 60%. The milk should be fresh (even slightly sour when heated will curdle) and preferably of minimal fat content.
- dark chocolate – 200 grams;
- vodka (alcohol 40-45%, moonshine) – 1.5 liters;
- sugar – 1 kg;
- milk – 2 cups;
- water – 300 ml;
- vanillin-on the tip of the knife.
The preparation of chocolate liqueur takes from 4 to 7 weeks. If you decide to please your guests with your own drink for a certain holiday, calculate the time correctly.
Chocolate liqueur recipe
1. Grate the chocolate bars on a fine grater, pour the resulting chips into a container for infusing — a glass bottle or jar.
2. Pour the chocolate with vodka, add vanilla. Mix well.
3. Close the lid tightly. Infuse for 7 days in a dark place with room temperature. shake 1-2 times a day.
4. Make a syrup from water, milk and sugar. To do this, heat the mixture in a saucepan until the sugar is completely dissolved, then bring to a boil over low heat, stirring every 30 seconds and removing the foam from the surface (if it appears). Remove the finished syrup from the stove and cool to room temperature.
5. Mix the cold syrup with the chocolate tincture.
6. Shake the container with the liquor, close the lid. Infuse in a warm, dark place for 2-3 weeks.
7. Filter the drink with a coffee strainer or ordinary cheesecloth, stand for another 1-2 weeks to stabilize the taste.
8. Homemade chocolate liqueur is ready. It remains to pour the drink into storage bottles (preferably dark) and seal it tightly. When stored away from direct sunlight, the shelf life is up to a year. Strength — 19-21%.