Eucalyptus is an evergreen tree, reaching 100 meters in height. It is most common in Australia and New Zealand. Artificial eucalyptus is also grown in Africa, South America, India, Indonesia, on the Mediterranean and Black Sea coasts. Eucalyptus tincture is used in both traditional and folk medicine.
Medicinal properties of eucalyptus
Eucalyptus leaves contain eucalyptol-an analog of cineol, which has antibacterial activity. Also, this component has a positive effect on the immune system, which increases the resistance to diseases. The plant is rich in phytoncides, which not only purify and disinfect the air, but also are natural analogues of antibiotics. Eucalyptus effectively fights staphylococci, streptococci, dysentery bacillus and other pathogenic microorganisms.
- bronchitis, tracheitis;
- stomatitis, gingivitis;
- problems with bowel;
- stress and nervous tension;
- sleep disorders;
- washing wounds and scratches – as an antiseptic;
- acne and acne as a component of face masks.
Eucalyptus Tincture Recipes
It is not necessary to buy a ready-made product in a pharmacy – you can prepare it at home. The tincture is made from fresh or dried eucalyptus leaves.
Tincture of fresh leaves
The remedy is prepared simply, but it will take several days for it to infuse. In addition to the ingredients, you will need a glass container and a lid for cooking. It is advisable to use a bottle made of dark glass, but an ordinary jar with a thick plastic lid will also work.
- eucalyptus leaves, crushed-3 tbsp.;
- sugar – 2 tbsp.;
- 70% alcohol or vodka-500 ml.
- Place the eucalyptus leaves in the bottle. Add sugar. Mix well. Cover with a lid.
- Put in a dark place and leave for three days, so that the leaves let the juice.
- Pour the mixture with alcohol. Leave in a dark place for a week to infuse the mixture.
- Squeeze out the leaves and strain the liquid, pour it into a glass container. Cover with a lid.
- Store the tincture in the refrigerator.
Tincture from the dried leaves of
If you can’t buy fresh leaves, you can replace them with dried ones. In this case, the cooking process will be slightly different.
- eucalyptus leaves (dried and crushed) – 1 tbsp.;
- alcohol 70% -100 ml.
- Place the eucalyptus leaves in a glass container. Fill with alcohol. Cover with a lid.
- Leave for 4 days at room temperature to allow the liquid to infuse.
- Strain the product through cheesecloth, squeeze out the cake. Pour into a glass container. Close the lid.
- Store the eucalyptus tincture in a cool place.
- Before use, it is recommended to shake the container with the product.
Application of eucalyptus tincture
Depending on the disease, the drug is used internally or externally. The diagnosis also affects the recommended dosage of the tincture.
In diseases of the respiratory tract, 20-30 drops of tincture are dissolved in 100 ml of water and taken orally three times a day.
In case of problems with the genitourinary system, dissolve 15 drops in the same amount of water. The frequency of reception remains the same.
With sciatica, rheumatism or neuralgia, it is recommended to rub the problem areas before going to bed, then apply a bandage and cover yourself with a blanket.
For inflammatory processes in the female genitals, douching is used. To do this, prepare a solution of one teaspoon of tincture and one glass of boiled water. It is important that the fluid temperature is comfortable for sensitive areas of the body.
In case of burns, purulent wounds or ulcers, the tincture is dripped on a sterile bandage and a lotion is made.
The course of taking the drug inside is 30 days. If it is necessary to repeat it, you should take a break for at least 3 days.
Contraindications to the use of eucalyptus tincture
No matter how useful the plant is, yet treatment with its help is not suitable for everyone. It is forbidden to take eucalyptus tincture:
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- under the age of 12;
- in case of individual intolerance;
- in case of allergic reactions;
- for whooping cough;
- with bronchial asthma.
It is also important to remember that everything is good in moderation. Do not exceed the recommended dosage and duration of use of the tincture. Another point – the product contains alcohol, so when taking it, it is advisable to refrain from drinking alcoholic beverages, so as not to create additional stress on the liver and other organs.
Attention! Self-medication can be dangerous, consult your doctor before using it.