Among all the cream liqueurs, the Irish “Baileys” is the most popular in the world. Interestingly, almost 43% of all milk produced in Ireland goes to the preparation of liquor. Next, we’ll figure out how to make Baileys at home from vodka, sugar, cream and condensed milk. The recipe is simple, and the whole process takes no more than 20 minutes. It turns out a drink that is difficult to distinguish from the original, even for sophisticated connoisseurs.
Baileys) – Irish cream liqueur with a strength of 17%, produced by R. A. Bailey&Co. The main ingredients are whiskey and cream, the exact composition and proportions of the ingredients are kept secret. The drink has been produced since 1974.
In the recipe, we will replace the whiskey with store-bought vodka (diluted with ethyl alcohol), but if there is a good Irish whiskey or real cognac, I advise you to use an alcoholic base aged in oak barrels. This will bring the home Bayliss even closer to the original. Well-purified moonshine (distillate) is also suitable, but it is important that there is no characteristic smell of fusel, which spoils the light creamy aroma.
Attention! Use fresh eggs and cream. Store the finished liquor only in the refrigerator. Failure to comply with these rules is fraught with poisoning!
- vodka (whiskey, cognac) – 0.5 liters;
- condensed milk (plain or boiled) – 1 can (380 grams);
- cream (12-15%) – 0.4 liters;
- instant coffee – 1 tablespoon;
- vanilla sugar – 2 tablespoons;
- egg yolks – 4 pieces.
Homemade Baileys Recipe
1. Beat the egg yolks, vanilla sugar and condensed milk carefully separated from the whites with a mixer until smooth.
Condensed milk can be pre-boiled for 30-40 minutes. The taste is almost not affected, but the liqueur will have a beautiful caramel shade.
2. Add instant coffee to the resulting mixture, then beat again with a mixer. If the granules are large, the coffee may not completely dissolve. Do not worry, this problem will be solved by itself after the introduction of vodka (whiskey).
3. Add the cream to the mixture and mix until smooth. Very thick, heavy cream can be slightly diluted with fresh milk.
4. Pour in the vodka, mix again.
5. Pour the resulting drink into a bottle, close it tightly, put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 days to stabilize the taste. Shake once every 12 hours.
After aging, you can proceed to tasting. The original, sweet taste of homemade Baileys will be appreciated by connoisseurs of liqueurs. Shelf life in a hermetically sealed bottle in the refrigerator – 4-6 months. But it is better to make small portions for a specific celebration and drink within a few days after cooking, as the quality may deteriorate over time. The fortress is 16-18 degrees.
To return to the initial consistency, it is enough to shake the Beylis, which has been exfoliated during storage, several times intensively. If it didn’t help, then the cream or eggs were stale.
Each stage of the preparation of Baileys is described in detail in the video.